Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Getting Closer

I called Thomas at MedGermany on his cell phone around 2:30 this morning to make sure things were progressing. He verified that he has all the information required and is in communication with the clinic regarding scheduling. Seems that about 30% of the world thinks March 28th is some sort of holiday, so we are hoping to start treatment on April 4th. Seems like anytime I want to go on holiday I get cancer, while anytime I need a doctor, they are on holiday (either physically or mentally, or both).

The report from Dr. Nichols' assistant at OHSU starts out "History of Present Illness: This is a pleasant 48-year-old man who noted...." I guess it's true, you can't tell a book by it's cover.

If you're interested in the details: "CT scan reviewed here at OHSU reveals lymphadenopathy, most greater than 1cm and several greater than 2cm in the mediastinum, the AP-window, paratracheal, pretracheal, consistent with a distribution associated with metastatic testicular cancer. In addition, there are multiple pulmonary metastases suggesting the hematogenous spread, also characteristic pattern of recurrent testicular cancer." In other words, I've got balls in my lungs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home