Tuesday, April 05, 2005

All screwed up

Went to the hospital on Monday and met with the oncologist. After he obtained the actual pathology reports from my operations last year we found out that the report that Dr. Thüroff gave me was wrong. First, there was no mention of vascular invasion when in fact there was. Second, there was one lymph node that was positive for metastsis while the report said there were none. Had the urologist and I had known this we may have decided to do the chemotherapy last year which would have increased my survival odds.

I check into the hospital on Thursday and will probably start treatment on Friday. It turns out that I will be in-patient only as long as required to determine that I am handling the chemo OK and will be out-patient for the balance of the time. The one nurse I spoke with had very fluent english, I suspect she must have lived in an english speaking country at some time.

We did talk a company that arranges short term apartment or room rental on Monday, although nothing looks good so far. There is a single room apartment available not far from the hospital that will become available on Thursday that might work out. Even that is very expensive, could be as much as $700 per month unless they give me a discount for monthly rental. One room apartments in regular apartment buildings can be over $900 per month. We went and looked at a small "apartment" that was really a converted "Comfort Hotel" that apparently didn´t do enough business so they converted it to apartments. The kitchen was a joke, just a small refrigerator and a two burner hotplate. Hopefully we can come up with at least one other option before Thursday.

Have had good weather until today, it has started to rain. I hope we can get a regular telephone setup soon, calling my cell phone is very expensive. If you are feeling rich the number is 011-49-1520-2774824.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home